Monday, September 19, 2011

Topsy Turvy Funky Cake

This cake was made for a 13th birthday and I had a lot of fun making it. Originally it was suppose to be a Justin Beiber slab cake but the cake topper my customer ordered off Ebay did not arrive in time. I suggested changing the design of the cake and after looking at the various cakes I had made she gave be complete control over the design and look of the cake.

I wanted the cake to be fun and funky so of course I had to go with a topsy turvy cake.

I think it turned out great :) I was so excited to show the cake to my customer and I was acting just like a little kid right before Christmas. I kept checking the door in anticipation of her arrival. lol My husband had to tell me to sit down and relax.

Here are a few more views of the cake:
a close up of the top tier (purple and black with zebra stripes)


A close up of the bottom tier. (Silver with purple flowers and black swirls)


another angle

No comments:

Post a Comment